This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

The time on my computer is in Military Time, and I lost MS Paint

3 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

How can I get MS Paint back, and how do I change my time back to normal? Both of these things happened after coming on this site and fixing a bunch of things…Any help is appreciated. EDIT…Also, I already tried going into Add/Remove Programs, Add/Remove Windows Components/Accessories/Then checking MS Paint, didnt work, as far as I know. After doing that I still couldnt find Paint.
Hmmm, it seems the last time you posted was back in February. Are you saying these problems have been there for 3 months? Unless your computer has been turned off and in a box since then, it is likely any changes from February are way beyond being undone. MS Paint should still be there - though your short cut may be missing. It is typicaly located in C:\WINDOWS\System32. Once you find it, right click select: Send to > Desktop (create shortcut). Your time format is determined in Control Panel > Regional and Language Options > Regional Options > Customize ( I hope it is that way in Win98). The default for time is: h:mm:ss tt

Hmmm, it seems the last time you posted was back in February. Are you saying these problems have been there for 3 months? Unless your computer has been turned off and in a box since then, it is likely any changes from February are way beyond being undone.

MS Paint should still be there - though your short cut may be missing. It is typicaly located in C:\WINDOWS\System32. Once you find it, right click select: Send to > Desktop (create shortcut).

Your time format is determined in Control Panel > Regional and Language Options > Regional Options > Customize ( I hope it is that way in Win98). The default for time is: h:mm:ss tt


Yeah it was back in Feb, I never used Paint until I tried to recently, and the time wasnt a big deal so I just left it. So since I was asking about Paint, I figured Id ask about the time too, which is now fixed (Oh and by the way, I have XP not Windows98, dont know why I picked that). But Paint is nowhere to be found. Ive tried running it from the Start Menu, I just looked and searched through all the System32 Folders, its gone. And there is nowhere where I can just download it by itself right?
Hi Iverson_Fan

It should still be located on your windows-CD.

Pop it in.
Goto add/remove programs.
Click add/remove windows components.
select to install accessories (MS Paint is including there).

Then it should hopefully find the right file(s) on your CD. Alternatively, find it on your CD and copy the MS.paint.exe into your c:\windows\system32\mspaint.exe folder. (if the folder mspaint.exe doesn't exist, make a new one)

If no joy, heres a page with a download link for the file itself. : LINK

Regards Abydos

Hi Iverson_Fan

It should still be located on your windows-CD.

Pop it in.
Goto add/remove programs.
Click add/remove windows components.
select to install accessories (MS Paint is including there).

Then it should hopefully find the right file(s) on your CD. Alternatively, find it on your CD and copy the MS.paint.exe into your c:\windows\system32\mspaint.exe folder. (if the folder mspaint.exe doesn't exist, make a new one)

If no joy, heres a page with a download link for the file itself. : LINK

Regards Abydos


Thank you very much, everything is fixed now. Thank both of you for your help, its much appreciated.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI