This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

[Closed] Help from a newbie - broadband download

11 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi Scotty Thanks for that info will download this, not sure if I am able to analyse the data, but we will give it a go. Thats a no with the wireless connection bit. Can you tell me if people are having trouble with IE7 I am thinking of uninstalling it and going back to IE6. There have been too many problems with it and others have said the same thing. Colliegirl
Hi

Im going to leave this thread open, so we can get to the cause of your problem.

Firstly, that monitoring program only tells you how much downloading and uploading you are doing, not what is being downloaded. But you have to leave it running in the background whenever the pc is on, so you can have an accurate idea.
It works in real-time, so you can see when it becomes busy and perhaps pinpoint why and how.

Secondly, yes you can revert back to IE6 but you will always be told of a critical Windows Update (IE7). Why not try Firefox?
Firefox

I use Firefox.

Thirdly, let me get some more info from your computer.

Download Deckard's System Scanner (DSS) to your Desktop. Note: You must be logged onto an account with administrator privileges.
  • Close all applications and windows.
  • Double-click on dss.exe to run it, and follow the prompts.
  • For Vista users, right-click DSS and select Run As Administrator
  • If asked to install HijackThis click on Yes
  • When the scan is complete, two text files will open - main.txt <- this one will be maximized and extra.txt<-this one will be minimized
  • Copy (Ctrl+A then Ctrl+C) and paste (Ctrl+V) the contents of main.txt and the extra.txt in your next reply
Hi Scotty sorry I have been so busy of late have not been on the computer much. I do already use firefox but its not my default I think I shall change that. Also I have noted that somethings need ie but not all the time so I guess that should not be a problem. Just a bad habit of using ie I suppose. :D I shall download that programme and monitor the system. Thanks so much for your help. Can I ask you about a problem I am having with windows media (can't download it as MS asks for validation and the pop up for the validation doesn't work <_< ) and also real player which I much prefer can't download as it keeps asking for .a dll file that it can't find so download fails all the time. It was working at one stage and now doesn't. Can't listen to my cds or vidoes because neither of these programs are working. I had asked a friend if I need to reinstal windows for this problem but he didn't give me an anwser? Or do I need to open another thread for this?
Hi

Try this.

  • Please download this tool from Microsoft.
  • Double click on MGADiag.exe to run it.
  • Click Continue.
  • The program will run. It takes a while to finish the diagnosis, please be patient.
  • Once done, click on Copy.
  • Open Notepad and paste the contents in. Save this file and post it in your next reply.
WgaLogon.dll Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002 OGA Notifications Data–> Cached Result: N/A, hr = 0x80070002 Version: N/A, hr = 0x80070002 WGATray.exe Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002 OGAAddin.dll Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002 OGA Data–> Office Status: 100 Genuine Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003 - 100 Genuine OGA Version: N/A, 0x80070002 Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002 Office Diagnostics: 025D1FF3-171-1 Browser Data–> Proxy settings: N/A User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Win32) Default Browser: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.exe Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled Active scripting: Allowed Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed File Scan Data–> Other data–> Office Details: {1ED94340-CE97-4FE3-988C-1921FB50AE07}1.7.0095.05.1.2600.2.00010300.2.0.homx32*****-*****-*****-*****-3WM3B76477-OEM-2153154-184243S-1-5-21-299502267-688789844-725345543System manufacturerSystem Product NameAmerican Megatrends Inc.0406 20070115000000.000000+000CF1C3DF7018480560C090409E. Australia Standard Time(GMT+10:00)03 100 Hope this is what you mean! Tina

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI