This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Windows XP multiple probelms

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi ever After starting up my computer I have been hit with multiple problems and I cant sort any of them. Start bar is now grey (like in safe mode) Antivirus wont appear in taskbar Windows Installer running on startup IE wont open ( im using firefox) No sound System restore wont work(and is turned on) Windows installer cleanup utility wont install ( Starts out "Preparing to install" then fails "the windows installer service could not be accessed, this can occur if windows is in safe mode or windows installer is not installed correctly") Media player wont open This has really stumped me and need I need help. Thanks in advance everyone. Any ideas appreciated……. Phatrolla
Hi Phatolla have you added any new hardware or software before this started to happen ?if not do you know roughly when it started to happen If Yes lets try a quick and easy. Click on Start>allprograms>accessories>system tools> system restore. Choose restore my computer to a previous date and pick a date that was before the trouble began. You won't loose any data and the restore can be undone if needed. Cheers Peterm
Hi Peterm I was still stufing round with my post (Sorry) and forgot to mention that id tried system restore with no luck. When I do the computer beeps and 'System restore can not prootect your computer, restart then try again' appears. Have tried this with no luck. And I havent added any new hardware or software recently Phatrolla
I think your next step is the malware team. If they give a clean bill of health let me know and we will go from there. Cheers Peterm

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI