This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

My Computer wont load Windows XP Media Center Operating System

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I ve tried to power down and restart, goes to the screen that ask if you want to start in safe mode but wont do that either, just comes up with a black screen and white lines that have some information that i dont understand, mostly about windows\drivers\…and then different stuff after that. I have disconnected everything except the power to the computer, key board and monitor. I've even tried to go back to a point offered in the start up that says safe mode, safe mode networking, safe mode command, nothing helps, tell me what has happened. I've tried to reinsert my system restore disc and it won't start…..I JUST SICK ABOUT THIS. PLEASE HELP.
Have you tried repeatedly pressing F12 as the computer boots up to get to your system restore disk? After you have shut down, restart the computer. As soon as you see the first flash of a logo or page, start pressing F12. Keep tapping it until you get a "boot options" menu. This should allow you to select "Boot from CD/DVD" by using the arrow keys on your keyboard and pressing enter. You should be able to start your system restore disk that way. I hope that helps!

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI