gmlaw1
Topic Starter
I am fairly new to this so I would like to thank anyone in advance for help.
The PC is an e machines running windows XP Home. It was powered down yesterday and a restart was attempted a few hours later. When PC was restarted, it progressed through normal sequence until it reached the 'welcome to windows' screen. At that point, it stopped and attempted a new restart attempt. It will cycle through this sequence continuously until manually powered down. Via the F8 key I attempted to restart using last known successful settings with no success. I also attempted to restart in safe mode but the same restart cycle continued. I would appreciate any advice on how to get this machine running so it can be scanned for problems. I am assuming that this is a virus, etc. problem as opposed to hardware. Also, I have not located the original windows CD; still looking.
Thanks,
gmlaw1