Most of the time my PC boots up ok but now i'm getting Lsass application error.
The actual error is "application failed to initialize". I get this error may be 10 or so times then it works.
I have checked and cleaned for malware on SWI forums http://forums.spywareinfo.com/index.php?showtopic=115005
Hi, Yes you can do a disc clean up or use a tool like ATF-Cleaner by Atribune, but first uninstall any applications you dont use through Control Panel (add and remove programs)
Games take up a lot of space so uninstall any you dont play.
If you use Outlook Express then empty your deleted folder and have a look at your sent folder…it could be huge! then compact all folders.(Compacting actually removes the deleted emails and reclaims disc space…whereas just deleting saves no space at all!
It may then just be a question of sorting through your music, docs, videos photos and copying to removable media if appropriate.
If more draconian measures are needed you could increase the size of your c drive (using partitioning software) but do back up everything important to you first to removable media or you could just fit an extra hard drive or use an external hard drive for lots of your data.
If you can, try get your unused hard drive capacity to around 50% as this will give your machine the space it needs and after a defrag or three with a reboot in between each ,it may improve speed a bit as well.
Regards
paws
Hi I've been trying to run a repair installation of Windows it goes through "Set up loading files" and the "Set up is starting windows" then the set up menu
flashes on the screen and my PC automatically shuts down. I tried a few times with the same result.
I tried a normal boot up after this and got some different error messages. I didn't manage to get the whole message as they were so quick.
1) Not enough virtual memory………………………………
2) A write operation……………………after volume……….
After 3/4 attempts I was successful
Hi after a necessary reboot has lots of problems but managed to get the full error messages
1) A write operation was attempted to volume after it was dismounted
2) Not enough virtual memory or paging file quota is available for specified operation.
There does not seem any pattern to which message appears.
Eventually my pc booted ok
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI