This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

cursor self-spacing, scrolling haywire

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi again I am not sure WHAT the proper category is for this. New computer, week or so old. Started getting this problem a couple days ago in one notepad file I refer to a lot, then others. Cursor would start up traversing the lines, making spaces, all by itself. Try clicking elsewhere, it would do it there. Try closing window, up come the buttons, Save Changes Yes, No, Cancel. "Yes" would be whatchacallit, faded, not operative. Clicking on either of the others, no result, click on the faded Yes, closes the file. [And this led to =DATA LOSS= do you suffer from data loss? because I thought I'd try copying the contents of the file into a new file, clicked Select All and it deleted everything instead. Instead of self-possedly trying Undo, I closed the window. Gone. My whole to-do list. Guess I can take the rest of the month off…] As of today, additionally I am getting (intermittently) this thing where I'm on an internet page, try to scroll w/mouse or scroll bar, it goes to the bottom of the page. Try to scroll either way back up and it just jumps, bounces, won't get off the bottom. Machine came w/McAfee. I did scans with that and online at Symantec, they found no virus. WOTTHEHECK?? Thank you, Denno
Hi, Sorry to hear of the problems with your machine, As its only a week or so old it may be best to take it back to the vendor and get them to fix it under the guarantee. Regards paws
Well, folks, I changed to the new keyuboard and mouse that came with the computer, and haven't seen those problems for a day-and-a-half or thereabouts.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI