This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Disk Boot Error

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

My boss asked me this morning if I could try to fix his PC. Unfortunately it's over my head. Upon booting it goes to a disk boot error and suggests booting from CD… So I tried to boot from the CD that came with it. Result: Setup did not find any hard disk installed in your computer… …Setup cannot continue. Is there likely a simpler fix or is that hard drive likely done and we need to replace it or perhaps something else?
He has wisely decided to take it to an expert so nevermind (not that I would love to learn buy doing on his PC where I don't suffer the consequences of my one ignorence)

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI