5ifty1
Topic Starter
Hello all. This is my first post. I'm sorry I didn't have time to go into a general part of the forum and introduce myself. I am at a complete loss right now.
Here is the situation. I have been infected by what I believe is the W32.Bagle worm/virus. I have the wintems.exe file in my system32 folder, and in TaskManager appear the random number.exe files (035903.exe, etc.) I've been trying to find a solution that works for the past FIVE HOURS to no avail. I classify myself to be somewhat computer literate since I spend my whole life on the thing.
My CPU usage is staying 50%-100% no matter what. I am also getting BSOD every hour or so (4x already). My system will not boot into Safe Mode, instead I get blessed with another BSOD.
Here's my current situation of what works and what doesn't:
HJT - Will not run. Errors with "not a valid win32 app".
Spybot S&D - Will not run. No errors, nothing.
DSS - Will not run. It starts, I hit the first 2 OK screens, then as it tries to run a sys restore it just shuts off mid-way. If I try to run it again it freezes up windows and I have to hit the reset button on my tower.
ComboFix - Will not run. Starts to show the loading bar, then nothing. (I know, I'm sorry for trying to use this before getting advice)
So, from what I can tell right now, I cannot even get you guys a log at this point. One interesting thing is that I have an app called Eraser installed on my sys, and I right clicked on wintems.exe and performed a "secure move". This made the original wintems.exe zero out (0kb) and moved (I think) the other to the Desktop. It cannot be seen no matter what I try. The thing is now wintems.exe doesn't show up in TaskManager… which I think is a good thing.
Also, when trying to view hidden files and folders through the folder options dialog, the radio button is just… gone. I can't really explain it. It just is completely gone so I can't view hidden files although I had hidden files viewable normally.
I need some help really bad. This is my work computer and although I have another, I must try and save this install of windows and everything on the drive. I have read through numerous forum posts and threads regarding this virus, but I have had zero luck with anything yet since I can't get anything to run or boot into Safe Mode.
So, if anyone can help it is much appreciated. Thanks.
Here is the situation. I have been infected by what I believe is the W32.Bagle worm/virus. I have the wintems.exe file in my system32 folder, and in TaskManager appear the random number.exe files (035903.exe, etc.) I've been trying to find a solution that works for the past FIVE HOURS to no avail. I classify myself to be somewhat computer literate since I spend my whole life on the thing.
My CPU usage is staying 50%-100% no matter what. I am also getting BSOD every hour or so (4x already). My system will not boot into Safe Mode, instead I get blessed with another BSOD.
Here's my current situation of what works and what doesn't:
HJT - Will not run. Errors with "not a valid win32 app".
Spybot S&D - Will not run. No errors, nothing.
DSS - Will not run. It starts, I hit the first 2 OK screens, then as it tries to run a sys restore it just shuts off mid-way. If I try to run it again it freezes up windows and I have to hit the reset button on my tower.
ComboFix - Will not run. Starts to show the loading bar, then nothing. (I know, I'm sorry for trying to use this before getting advice)
So, from what I can tell right now, I cannot even get you guys a log at this point. One interesting thing is that I have an app called Eraser installed on my sys, and I right clicked on wintems.exe and performed a "secure move". This made the original wintems.exe zero out (0kb) and moved (I think) the other to the Desktop. It cannot be seen no matter what I try. The thing is now wintems.exe doesn't show up in TaskManager… which I think is a good thing.
Also, when trying to view hidden files and folders through the folder options dialog, the radio button is just… gone. I can't really explain it. It just is completely gone so I can't view hidden files although I had hidden files viewable normally.
I need some help really bad. This is my work computer and although I have another, I must try and save this install of windows and everything on the drive. I have read through numerous forum posts and threads regarding this virus, but I have had zero luck with anything yet since I can't get anything to run or boot into Safe Mode.
So, if anyone can help it is much appreciated. Thanks.