Hi guys,
This 'virus' got into my system and is causing drastic slow-downs of my computer, not to mention I am having trouble openning and running some programs. It's called "AntiSpywareExpert" and what it does is it starts 'scanning' my system every time I start up windows…..and then says that a few threats have been detected and that I must buy their protuct to get rid of these threats…..Can anyone advise me on how to proceed in getting rid of this thing? Thanks in advance.
Hey,
Thanks for your reply, but I think I was able to tame this bug (although I am not certain that it's completely eradicated). Basically a friend of mine gave me a registry location where this malware was most likely to embed itself, and sure enough, that's where I found it, and promptly removed it from. After removing it I no longer got pop-ups at the start of windows or throughout my session…..so I think it was effective. This thing also scared me enough to register (for the first time in my life) to a paid antispyware/firewall software called Spyware Doctor. And here is where I may still need your help, if you will be so kind. I found that when my Spyware Doctor is running, I am unable to accees certain programs or even certain websites such as facebook. I realize that my firewall must somehow be blocking this, but how do I make it unblock them? I did go to an option called 'exceptions' and typed in ".exe." so that I wouldn't block exe files (which is what my program is)….but it keeps blocking it anyway. Any suggestions how to deal with this?
Many thanks,
T.