Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

zheltaya_hernya the extra toolbar, extra IE windows popping up

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
No replies to this topic

#1 digichic

digichic

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 03:16 PM

I don't know where to start. I am having the same symptoms as jberry explains, in his/her post of January 22, 2008: The new yellow bar warning in my IE browser says, "Warning: possible spyware or adware infection! Click here (blue link) to scan your computer for spyware and adware..." When I scroll over the link, the website it wants to direct me to is h ttp://protect.trustedantivirus.com/MTY4Nzc=/2/5993/ed=1/ex=1/h=10/zheltaya_hernya/ When I am off-line, I have pop-ups that "warn me" that "Windows has detected an Internet attack attempt. Somebody's trying to infect your PC with spyware...etc." There are two buttons to choose from-Yes (to "get help") and Cancel. I use my keyboard to navigate to Cancel and close the window. It keeps popping up. I have read several posts on this issue; tried to download HiJack This, and cannot get a proper install on my Windows 2000 system. Don't know where to start-Thank you!

Edited by digichic, 05 April 2008 - 08:37 PM.

Advertisements

Register to Remove