This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Really slow computer

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi, im Hayley I have never been on a forum before so you will have to bare with me haha. I am just wondering whether anyone could help me figure out why my computer is running so slow, it takes ages to load programmes or to even just log off my computer. I have defragged etc i have done avg and spybot and someone told me to change my cache from 1000+ to 80, and have removed all the programmes i dont use off it. But its still running painfully slow, im just wondering whether pressing the on off button a lot has a detremental effect on my computer as i have a one year old son who keeps switching the computer on and off when i am out of the room. I would be grateful of any suggestions thank you hayley
Hi hayleynlukey

Theres many reasons for why a PC slows down.

For a start, it could be helpful reading this piece of text. Lots of good advices.: Link

Regards Abydos

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI