scudo
Topic Starter
I hope this is posted in the correct forum.
My years old system with xp has now been replaced by way of a birthday present from my sons with a new tower using Win7.
It has 2.00 gb of memory which doesnt mean a lot to me but been told a vast improvement on what I previously had.
I have just been up and running for 24 hours and realise I will have to get used to the new layouts etc, but it is driving me crazy at the moment.
I have to say I dont think there is much difference in speed when compared to my old system but will look into whats loading up etc as my son installed the initial windows 7 for me. I may see some improvements when I install microsoft office and photoshop as they were a tad slow on the old computer.
First thing I have done is download and install avira.
A few questions though to help me move along…
1. When I open a window on the internet and there is a link to click to `read more` nothing happens unless I right click and then click on open, whereas before it automatically went to the new page, how do I change this?
2. In control panel /security it advises to back up, this I understand but should I back up within the existing hardrive or use an external?
3. I understand I cannot use Outlook Express now on Win7 and have managed to redirect my email to hotmail, however I did use the newsgroups a lot via outlook express so which direction do I go to get newsgroups back? In particular DIY / Excel and photoshop.
4. Is there anything else that may be useful that I can change/tweaks to improve the use of Win 7.
thanks