This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

spoke too soon - taskbar/windows problem

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Well, I hate to keep responding to my own threads, but I seriously drove myself crazy, but then was luckily saved.

Eventually I managed to find somebody who had the same exact problem. You'll never guess what the root of the problem was, it was the mouse!

http://forums.vnunet.com/message.jspa?messageID=739171

So, I exchanged my friends mouse for a different one, and voila, 100% working again, with no problems. Lesson: don't buy cheap cordless mice!!!

IT DROVE ME INSANE!!!

I spent no less than 5 hours updating all drivers, looking all over the web, and all it was was the cheap-a%% mouse … I couldn't believe it, I didn't think it would be relevant. Somebody sticky this thread or something!!!!!!!!

:pullhair:
Excuse me…………………… :rofl: Thats hilarious, never ever would I have thought of that…….Excuse me again :rofl: Guess I made a right choice last time I bought mouse, non-cordless optical (For gaming) But nice enough you found out eventually, you still got hair?? :pullhair: :pullhair: :rofl: Hope you can take some kidding and joking ^_^ Regards Abydos
Amen to that. :pullhair:

Guess I need to add "Try a different/corded mouse if it's wireless" to my list of hardware things to replace when debugging a problem.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI