clownfish
Topic Starter
Hi, I have been following advice from LDT in the Malware forum for a few weeks to try to sort this problem but nothing we have tried has worked. You can see the thread here:
http://forums.whatthetech.com/Please_help_me_Taskbar_frozen_and_programs_won_t_load_t106830.html
Here's my problem:
This seems to be an intermittant problem but it happens more often than not.
When I boot up the pc no matter who's login i use (mine or the wifes) when the desktop loads, the taskbar down the bottom is frozen. When i move the mouse over it there is just a hour glass.
Also certain programs won't load up like I-tunes or the defrag yet when i go into processes the itunes exe is showing. Again this is intermittent.
Internet explorer seems to work ok.
I have Avira anti-virus & I am using Adaware, Spybot & spywareguard.
My system details are:
Windows XP sp:3
I hope someone can help me.
http://forums.whatthetech.com/Please_help_me_Taskbar_frozen_and_programs_won_t_load_t106830.html
Here's my problem:
This seems to be an intermittant problem but it happens more often than not.
When I boot up the pc no matter who's login i use (mine or the wifes) when the desktop loads, the taskbar down the bottom is frozen. When i move the mouse over it there is just a hour glass.
Also certain programs won't load up like I-tunes or the defrag yet when i go into processes the itunes exe is showing. Again this is intermittent.
Internet explorer seems to work ok.
I have Avira anti-virus & I am using Adaware, Spybot & spywareguard.
My system details are:
Windows XP sp:3
I hope someone can help me.