This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

[Closed] Virus:Exploit

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi, hopefully someone will be able to help me. I let my friend use my pc this morning and now I am getting an AVG pop up saying that Virus:exploit has been found in my temporary internet files. I have deleted all temp internet files using ccleaner, and have scanned using panda online scan - didn't find it. Currently have an AVG scan going which has detected it. In the pop up I tried to heal it but it wouldn't let me so I moved it to the virus vault. Can anyone help me work out of this is on my pc and if so how to remove it please. In reasonably simple terms, or at least easy to follow terms. I am fairly computer competent as long as explained fully. Many many thanks and I will not be lending the use of my pc again.
[external image: Posted Image]

Sorry about the delay in responding :(

If you still need help, Scan again with HijackThis, and copy/paste" a new log file into this thread.

Also please describe how your computer behaves at the moment.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI