I have this BIG message Popup on my desktop that says my computer has been infected with a Virus that won't go away. Also there is a big X icon on the bottom of my taskbar that won't be removed and other popups about malicious maleware and stuff like that coming up. It keeps wanting me to pay for software that removes this stuff. I have tried a system restore and it says the file is infected and can not open. Please help me
In the right panel, you will see several boxes that have been checked. Uncheck the following …
Sections
IAT/EAT
Drives/Partition other than Systemdrive (typically C:\)
Show All (don't miss this one)
Then click the Scan button & wait for it to finish.
Once done click on the [Save..] button, and in the File name area, type in "Gmer.txt" or it will save as a .log file which cannot be uploaded to your post.
Save it where you can easily find it, such as your desktop, and post it in your next reply.
**Caution**
Rootkit scans often produce false positives. Do NOT take any action on any "<— ROOKIT" entries
NOTE: You may have to run these programs in safe mode if they will not run in normal mode.
If the programs will not run in safe mode, try renaming them to a random name with a .com extension ie: MERG.com
I can't figure out how to attach the DDS.txt, Attach.txt and Gmer.txt. I have saved it to my desktop but can not figure how to attach it to my reply.
tjbrim
I can't figure out how to attach the DDS.txt, Attach.txt and Gmer.txt. I have saved it to my desktop but can not figure how to attach it to my reply.
tjbrim
I think I figured out how to send the attachments!
Download Combofix from either of the links below. Youmustrename it before saving it.
Save it to your desktop.
**Note: In the event you already have Combofix, this is a new version that I need you to download. It is important that it is saved and renamed following this process directly to your desktop**
If you are using Firefox, make sure that your download settings are as follows:
Tools->Options->Main tab
Set to "Always ask me where to Save the files".
Link 1 Link 2
During the download, rename Combofix to Combo-Fix as follows:
It is important you rename Combofix during the download, but not after.
Please do not rename Combofix to other names, but only to the one indicated.
———————————————————–
Double click on Combo-Fix.exe & follow the prompts.
When finished, it will produce a report for you.
Please post the "C:\Combo-Fix.txt" for further review.
**Note: Do not mouseclick combo-fix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stall**
———————————————————–
Very Important! Temporarily disable your anti-virus, script blocking and any anti-malware real-time protection before performing a scan. They can interfere with ComboFix or remove some of its embedded files which may cause "unpredictable results".
Click onthis linkto see a list of programs that should be disabled. The list is not all inclusive. If yours is not listed and you don't know how to disable it, please ask.
———————————————————–
Note: During the download ComboFix shall install the recovery Console - please allow it to do so.