This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Generic Host process for win32 problem

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello, I am having some issues for the last few days. I am getting the following svchost.exe - Application Error " The instruction at 0x5018d8cd referenced memory at 0x09ee0000. The memory could not be read. Click OK to terminate program Click CANCEL to debug the Program". Furthermore comes a dialogbox saying: Generic Host proces for Win32 services encountered a problem. I'm running Windows XP Pro sp2 and sp3 and I have my automatic updates on. I would appreciate if anyone could help med with my problem.
Hi :).

I'm running Windows XP Pro sp2 and sp3

Do you mean you have downloaded and installed SP3? is this problem with one Operating System and or dual boot ?.

I am surmising the actual problem will be with SP3, though it is available for download it has not actually been released yet via Microsoft Update. My advice uninstall/rollback to SP2 for now. Any other queries feel free to ask :).
Hi again I hoped that if I downloaded sp3 for winXP it would repair itself, and overwrite/renew files. But it did not happen. I had the problem before i installed sp3. So I dont think that it is the sp3 that is causing the problem. Would you like me to hijack and send it to you….? The Fiddler

Hi again
I hoped that if I downloaded sp3 for winXP it would repair itself, and overwrite/renew files. But it did not happen.
I had the problem before i installed sp3. So I dont think that it is the sp3 that is causing the problem.
Would you like me to hijack and send it to you….?
The Fiddler

Hi :).

If this was occurring prior to SP3 being installed and you think it is malware related it would be best if you carried out the below:

http://forums.whatthetech.com/Welcome_New_…ers_t34502.html
Hi there,

You won't be getting the attention you deserve if you post your Hijack this log here. Please start a New Topic HERE with a brief description of your problems.

Good luck,

Mike

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI