This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Generic Host Process for Win32 Services problem

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I had a Malware/ Rootkit issue which seems to have been solved in another Whatthe tech forum http://forums.whatthetech.com/index.php?sh…mp;#entry811232 but yesterday when I switched on my PC it came up with an error message saying "Generic Host Process for Win32 Services has encountered a problem and needs to close"

Faulting application svchost.exe, version 5.1.2600.5512, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x00000000.

Not had this message come up before. Jeff had me run a few more scans and detection programs but it doesn't seem to be a malware issue anymore and recommended I come to this forum.

It hasn't occured today when I started up the PC, but want to make sure there is nothing else wrong!

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI