This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

what forum to use, self-inflected registry problems

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

While trying to fix performance problems and using spybot, I stupidly lost some registry extstions. There are 34 "invalid activex/com entries" and Norton can not fix them, nor can any of the other registry repair programs. I have also tried goback and system restore and they will not return to the restore points. Can this forum handle this? I have not found a way to copy the list of bad registy entries. I can not point to any thing that is not working, however, I have not used any thing other than IE6 and norton and a couple of other registry repair programs. there were 72 error messages and about half were invaild about powerpoint. I have uninstalled office and was about to reinstall. I'm very anxious. Please help, Thanks Saberme
Using Spybot-S&D Advanced Mode, you can go to Tools|System Internals and do a check, then export the entries to a text file. This should give you information you can post here and we can work from there. Thanks, Ax

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI