This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

[Closed] HELP - need to remove the VIRTUMONDE trojan

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello I have been tryin to get this thing off my computer for days now. I got it from Limewire very nasty place! I am worried the program it came with is still on my computer (and i want to remove it too). I am not a Techy, but have enough knowledge to navigate around my system with direction. I am using XP home SP2 operating system I have Sympatico Security Manager for AV and my Firewall I have downloaded Spyware Doctor, to stop the malware ,in real time from pop-ups. It works great but did not remove the Trojan from my system. My AV keeps picking up different varients and quarantining them, but others keep showing up. Some of the deleted files found were: COMMAND.EXE or W32/Agent.WF asappsrv.dll or W32/Backdoor.AJHB Vomb33dll.exe or W32/Trojan.ABS and a few others The files that keeps persisting with the Spyware Doctor scan are: Virus Name: W32/Trojan.AEMD, Original File Name: C:\WINDOWS\tk58.exe and Virus Name:Trojan.Virtumonde, Path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\gebcc.dll :smack: How do i remove it, and fix the copies in my Registry?
Hi Superwoman,

I'm going to need a HijackThis log from you.

Download HJTInstall.exe to your Desktop.
  • Doubleclick HJTInstall.exe to install it.
  • By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis .
  • Click on Install.
  • It will create a HijackThis icon on the desktop.
  • Once installed, it will launch Hijackthis.
  • Click on the Do a system scan and save a logfile button. It will scan and the log should open in notepad.
  • Copy/Paste the log to your next reply please.
  • Don't use the Analyse This button, its findings are dangerous if misinterpreted.
  • Don't have Hijackthis fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI