Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 91987 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Serious Lag kicks in !

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 karaya

karaya

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 07:35 AM

Hello

after posting at the Hijackthis section and made sure my pc is clean i have been redirected here regarding my connection problem .

http://forums.whatth...ted_t89328.html

for more than 2 weeks now i have this serious lag problem :wacko: my connection is like a dream one second and the next thing i know is that it take me 2 minutes to load a regular website page . its happening so frequently like 2 times every minute .

i did scan my pc with Spybot - AdAware 2007 - Avg 7.5 - bazooka .... but its all clean. :wacko:

I'm using Zonealarm firewall so in tried installing another type of firewall but as always the lag remained and i did the same with avg 7.5 but again the laag keeps coming .

i also tried to Disable Ctfmon.exe since a lot of ppl report it as main reason of their Internets lag

BUT. i have something to mention here . im using DSL modem wth 1m/s . and one day my connection was lost because of my ISP , anyway i then decided to work with my sister's 3G wireless modem that slow as hell (256kb/s).

but after being able to reconnect to DSL again in removed the 3g and Uninstalled all the drivers and set my old connection as default again .

now what might be the reason for my lag ? is there anyhow to know ? and could that 3g wireless thing kept something in the registry or someplace ? because this lag im getting is similar to what i had when using the it ?

thank you already and

Peace.

PS : sorry for the rusty english (;

Edited by karaya, 06 March 2008 - 11:27 AM.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 karaya

karaya

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 12:18 PM

good afternoon

today while i was making a regular scan with AVG it has found this file as a virus and Changed it ? i have no idea what does that means (changed the file name maybe ) ?

Posted Image

from what i know Hosts file got something to do with the Internet and this file has been changed by AVG for a long time now . well before i didn't give it much attention but now what do you guys think ? will changing this file or removing it affect my connection speed or make me lag ?

#3 LDTate

LDTate

Forum God

• Root Admin
  • 57,173 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 02:43 PM

Solved in HJT forum.

The forum is run by volunteers who donate their time and expertise.

Want to help others? Join the ClassRoom and learn how.

Logs will be closed if you haven't replied within 3 days

If you would like to paypal.gif for the help you received.

Proud graduate of TC/WTT Classroom