This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
What the Tech Community

Control Panel Email Settings

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Hi there, just a little house-keeping question :blush:

I'm wondering if there is a mistake with the Control Panel settings. I have exactly the same setup over at Geeks to Go, and it works perfectly. The same setup here still sends emails every time somebody posts in one of my subscribed threads. I don't want an email every time somebody posts, but I still want to be subscribed to the thread. That way, when I login, I navigate to "My Controls" > "My Topics" and I can see which threads have new posts and which ones do not, by virtue of the colour of the folder.

I have read this pinned but I'm pretty sure this will just unsubscribe me, which is not my end-goal, as I don't want to lose track of threads I am following.

The attached picture is how my settings are here and at Geeks to Go.

Thanks in advance,

Troy
Okay I found the problem and fixed it - just in case anyone is interested in knowing…

For some reason, the topic had been subscribed as Immediate Email Notification. There was only that problem with the one thread, my Meet and Greet topic "City Slicker Strides into the Saloon".

To fix it, I simply unsubscribed to the topic, navigated to it, and re-subscribed, ensuring the No Email Notification option was selected. I guess now all I need is someone to post in there to double-check it actually worked!

Although, I have no idea how it was set to Immediate Email Notification in the first instance, as I worked through the Control Panel first to set things up as I like it. :smack:

Oh well, sorry to bother you all. Here, enjoy a dancing banana ———–> :banana:

Cheers

Troy
Hi Troy,

I guess now all I need is someone to post in there to double-check it actually worked!

[external image: Posted Image]

I sent a test over for you, hope it worked.

kind regards,
Hi Troy,

I did not send you an email. I did however post the test as you referred to it.

Yes, I thought you would enjoy the banana skipping, I bet you stole it. [external image: Posted Image]

kind regards,
Hi Tallin,

No I did not steal it (yet)… But that dancing elephant looks awfully similar to Don77's signature over on Geeks to Go… Thief... :o

Cheers

Troy