This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Novice at "HJT". Need some help getting started.

3 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Ok, well. I just stumbled across this site while looking at other forums online to get a good consensus among you computer gurus as to what the best anti-virus/firewall/spyware removal tools are. I've read several posts about Highjack This. I'm a little nervous about downloading though. My computer problem. Last night I noticed that all of a sudden I couldnt right click my mouse while using internet explorer. I use it alot, with opening new tabs. That got me thinking about what might possibly be lurking inside my computer. Also, (this has been going on for some time now) When ever I bring up task manager, If just quickly hit ctrl/alt/del the task manager window comes up, but immediatly goes away. This happens everytime. I actually have to hold all ctrl/alt/del down for several seconds untill the window pops up..and then keep holding it for a couple more seconds, and that usually makes it stay up. Then, I end up just minimizing it so I dont have to do it again. Sometimes, it actually brings up 10 or 12 windows of task manager and my comuter slooooows down untill I get all but one 'x'ed out. I'm sure I might have something going on. According to a post I just read, having more than one antivirus going doesnt help either? I didnt know that. So, first off, I have Zone Alarm. Always running. Second. I have Avast. Always running. I recently got the new adaware. Just for scans, and it actually locks up sometimes while trying to scan. Or the scan take several hours. I (in my novice computer ways) thought that more was better. I also google processes sometimes to find out what some of the new ones are. Like, what the heck is taking up my recourses..and if it looks fishy, I google it, and mostly they say that is required, but then again, I dont know if I can trust the site telling me that! So, to sum up. I would like to get HJT and let one of you guys help me out. Review it, tell me where I'm failing my computer. But, I just want to know what to do, and where a reliable site is for downloading it. endnote: I downloaded spybot, and when I first ran it, it gave me some sort of error about a file missing and it couldnt start, but yet it did come up. I dont know. ok. so. Any takers? I would love the help. If I wasnt so damned broke, I'd pay someone to come clean it. You guys take donations? thanks in advance.
Your post has been Moved, Closed or Edited for one of the following reasons:

1.) You posted multiple topics and only one is required

2.) You are spamming links to other places without approval

3.) You have posted your hijackthis log to the wrong forum:
( http://forums.whatthetech.com/HijackThis_L…emoval_f27.html ) <— correct forum for HijackThis Logs

4.) Abusive language or other problems in your text

5.) Your log is too old (20 days or more) and no replies from you after a volunteer tried to help you

If you came here for help, and you have not posted a Hijackthis log to the proper forum, then you may do so now, if you came here to spam or abuse, you will be dealt with harsher on your next offense

This is a family oriented forum to help those that need help.

==============================

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI