This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Ad Aware detected win32 Rootkit Agent

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I did a full system scan this morning with Ad Aware 2007 Free Edition and found a file called win32 Rootkit Agent. It was the only one displayed on the infections list, but below it said 5 infections detected. I use XP Pro. How do I get rid of this root kit? Strange though, last night I was doing my Friday scans and I did check for Rootkits with AVG Anit Rootkit Free Edition. I did a deep scan with AVG Anit Rootkit last night and found no root kits then. I didn't since go online till today. So I told Ad Aware to remove this win32 Rootkit Agent. I did a second full scan to see if it was still there. It no longer displays on the infections list, but Ad Aware still says that there are 5 objects detected like it did with the previous scan, but yet none of them are displayed in the infections list. Aren't rootkits used by hackers? Am I being watched or something? How do I make sure I don't have this root kit on my computer. And if I do have it how do I get rid of it?
Hi Toruser,

Good to see you back.

Follow this link to help yourself with the problem you are experiencing.

If you decide to post a HJT log, you can do it on either forum as they are both owned by the same firm. I think this is the best of the two forum guides for you to learn from.

Please post back with your progress………………thanks for coming back to see us for help.

kind regards, :)

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI