This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

[Closed] Unable to run combofix or HJT

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Yup. I got some bad malware and spyware, and it's keeping me from running combofix and HJT, even in safemode. I was able to run CCleaner, and delete some of the threats, but not all of them. I've also tried renaming and re-downloading the files, but nothing seems to work. It's up to you, all-mighty tech warriors. :notworthy: EDIT: So, I just found out, the trojan is Storageprotector. Apparently, after a quick check on Google, it is incredibly difficult to get rid of, as most anti-spyware/malware doesn't even recognize it. Please help me soon!
Hi, and Welcome to WhatTheTech :)

My name is jpshortstuff. I would be glad to take a look at your log and help you with solving any malware problems. HijackThis logs can take a while to research, so please be patient and I'd be grateful if you would note the following:
  • I will working be on your Malware issues, this may or may not, solve other issues you have with your machine.
  • The fixes are specific to your problem and should only be used for the issues on this machine.
  • Please continue to review my answers until I tell you your machine appears to be clear. Absence of symptoms does not mean that everything is clear.
  • It's often worth reading through these instructions and printing them for ease of reference.
  • If you don't know or understand something, please don't hesitate to say or ask!! It's better to be sure and safe than sorry.
  • Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.

As I am still training, my posts to you will be checked by an Expert member. This will ensure that all advice and instructions I give you are accurate and safe. This may mean that my replies may take a little longer.

jpshortstuff
Hi

Ok, lets try a different scan that will also include a HijackThis log with it. If it doesn't work first time, try in safe mode. Let me know how it goes.

Download Deckard's System Scanner (DSS) to your Desktop. Note: You must be logged onto an account with administrator privileges.
  • Close all applications and windows.
  • Double-click on dss.exe to run it, and follow the prompts.
  • When the scan is complete, two text files will open - main.txt <- this one will be maximized and extra.txt<-this one will be minimized
  • Copy (Ctrl+A then Ctrl+C) and paste (Ctrl+V) the contents of main.txt and the extra.txt in your reply.

Thanks.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI