This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

[Closed] Help! My Computer is no longer under my control

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

All of a sudden, after allowing someone else access to my computer, Internet Explorer is out of control. My computer must have a virus and I have tried several basic things to remove it, but to no avail. I have tried to do a system restore, but there doesn't seem to be any restore points to reference. Every time my Avast program kicks in, it recognizes another trojan horse. My new spyware software is constantly recognizing new invasions and my firewall and virus programs aren't able to manage this problem. I am continually receiving messages from "Microsoft Internet Explorer" about needing to run spyware programs and then I have to fight to keep them from initializing. Advertisements from a group called Outerinfo are continually popping up and undesireable websites keep jumping onto the screen as well. I need to get my computer back in control. Please advise.
Thanks for the response. Since I did not begin the process correctly (with a hijack this log) someone helped me get started and had me start a new logfile. I am currently being assisted under a new file name. I guess this file can be closed because is is irrelevant. Thanks again.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI