Cannot find anything on the Samsung site re an uninstaller, however I thought this was interesting, found it on a mobile forum and wondered if it makes sense to you and if it is a windows problem.
''Sounds like it's microsoft's fault more than Samsung. Chances are, when you first plugged you phone into the usb port windows loaded a generic storage/modem driver and not the samsung one (because it wasn't installed yet!).
When you uninstalled and reinstalled without the phone plugged in what you actually did was update windows to use the newer driver, which is probably a problem if the previous driver is still loaded (i.e. installing with the phone in the first time!)… the drivers were there the first time you installed the software, windows just chose the ignore them! ''
Do you think somehow the drivers have got messed up somewhere.
Any ideas Doug about removing this or would it be better to just leave it?
Chazyb,
Interesting, and possible.
Please post the link to that discussion.
_____________
I'm glad you offer the possibility of simply leaving the offending items in place.
There are dozens of Registry locations that we would have to EDIT, to discover and remove this Samsung item.
The problem arises, however, that every time a Registry entry is edited, the owner risks possible serious difficulty.
Backup of registry before making such changes is recommended.
But the above leaves us with needing to sort through those dozens of locations.
Since I don't have the Samsun items on any of my test machines, I would be unable to trouble-shoot to find them all.
If it is not causing any difficulties for you, I'm sorry to say that a reasonable solution would be just to let it be.
Otherwise, you may opt to take your machine in to a local shop for hands-on assistance.
Sorry I can't be of much more help.
Best Regards
Chazyb,
You are most gracious in your comments. Thank you.
It's terribly frustrating to not have been able to provide a workable solution to your primary request for assistance.
I can only imagine that it is even more frustrating to deal with it directly on your own machine.
I am hopeful that something will reveal itself to you in your reading, or that others will find a good solution that you can use.
Thanks for your patience and hard work.
With the exception of your specific Samsung annoyance, you have a fine machine.
I am hopeful that you will continue to enjoy the computer activities that had been your primary interests before this cropped up.
I'm glad that you decided to join WTT and hope that you will continue to benefit from resources here.
As always, it could be of great benefit to other Members if you post any solution that you ultimately discover.
Best Regards
Hi Doug
it's been a plesure working through this with you Yes, if I do find a sollution I will post back here I am sure I am not the only left with this problem re the Samsung Software.
Doug, now I have things cleaned up ect, I wonder if you could point me in the direction of making is it a ghost backup of my c drive? I would hate to start from scratch if anything bad happened.
thanks Doug
chazy
Hi Chazyb,
Since this thread has already involved several topics, it would perhaps be better to start a New Topic for consideration of Ghost/Acronis/ other backup strategies.
That way, the important information will not get lost or confused at the end of this longer thread.
Hope that works for you.
It is very likely, that you will also attract a wider selection of helpers who have direct experience with these backup utilities and strategies.
I will look forward to reading and possibly contributing where I may be able.
Best Regards