Hi,
I have a Belkin wireless router and it has 64 bit WEP encryption on it. I was recently playing around with the settings and noticed something called DHCP client list. I clicked onto this and found out that there are 4 people sharing my internet connection, and there are only 2 computers in my house. How do I disconnect these other connections which obviously belong to other people?
Thanks in advance
Hombre
que paso hombre….
Does your Belkiln router support MAC address filtering? If it does, enable it. Add the MAC address of your two wireless computers only. This will boot-out the free-loaders…..
On each of the computers you are running, open the CMD (command) prompt…………
Go to Start….. run…….. cmd……..
Once you have the black DOS window, type the following…………………. ipconfig /all ………….. then press enter.
(there is a space between ipconfig and the / mark.)
in this black box, look for your wireless network connection device, then underneath that, look for the physical address. That will be your MAC address.
The MAC address will look like this: xx-xx-xx-xx-xx-xx. It is a 12 digit alpha-numeric code, where the x is a letter or number.
Thank you for the acknowledgement, paws….
Your w/s is so helpful to me in so many ways and I'm sure the moderators are very busy and cannot get to everyone's requests as quickly as they would like….
From my limited knowledge, I'm happy to help hombre or anyone else resolve their computer related problems.
Best regards to you and the WTT tech team.
Paul
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI