This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Found New Hardware

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Ever since I re-installed XP onto my laptop the "Found New Hardware" wizard pops up whenever I start my maching and there is never anything plugged in. I checked under device manager and this is what it looks like.
[external image: Posted Image]
When I try and update those drivers is always says it can't.
Hi If they are not affecting functionality you could try disabling them in device manager Looks as though they could be for an inbuilt dial up modem (for narrowband) that probably you don't use much. Regards paws

Hi
If they are not affecting functionality you could try disabling them in device manager
Looks as though they could be for an inbuilt dial up modem (for narrowband) that probably you don't use much.
Regards
paws


Thanks, that helped :D

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI