This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Hardware update wizard not working

4 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello, I have many hardware that need updating. When ever I go to device manager and try to update them, its says cannot continue to update wizard. I am really getting annoyed. I need to update my USB ports because they are not detecting anything when I plug something in. Please help.
I will try that now. Do you know any free software that updates orhow to fix hardware updater? thanks. And, the drives need updating, it is not just the usb ports so idk if that will help me.
Please post the exact error message you receive when you try to update a device driver. Also, why are you trying to update device drivers? Are you having problems? Did you just reinstall XP?
Hi,

Here are some screenshots:

Here are the drivers that need updating.[external image: Posted Image]

When I go to update device, then automatically update, I get this: [external image: Posted Image]
A picture is worth a thousand words for sure, thanks. Try uninstalling each of the devices that has the yellow mark from Device Manager by right clicking on it and selecting Uninstall. Once all are done, reboot and let XP rediscover them, see if that helps.
May I ask what Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller and Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller are? Are they the actual usb ports themselves are the devices I plug into the ports? EDIT: I think it has nothing to do with update wizard, there is a problem with my usb ports, they are not detcted and they are not installed properly. please help
Sorry, but I already told you the first thing to try, uninstall them as I directed, then reboot. XP will redetect them and reinstall the drivers. That often fixes this kind of problem. If not, then I'll point you to a program to run that will collect some information I'll need to continue.
I overlooked the obvious. Why do these drivers need to be installed or updated? Did you recently reinstall XP? If so, what is the make and model number of your computer? All the necessary drivers should be available from the manufacturers web site. If you provide the info I can help you find them.
I would go with the original drivers: 📎HP_1524n_drivers.jpg Specifically the Chipset (which should take care of the USB problems) and Realtek Audio. See is that takes care of the problems. If not, you can always uninstall SP3, then decline it the next time it's offered and instead, continue to update SP2.
Hi, I downloaded but still didn't work. I read their description and they are only compatiable with SP2. I went to Add/Remove programs and it doesn't give me an option to uninstall. If I have to restore my computer, (this is last resource), then how do I completely clean my hard drive before I do so? Thanks.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI