Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

New Project

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 tonka001

tonka001

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 08:23 AM

Hi all, I know I could put this in hardware or maybe even other (linux) forums but since it's not really a problem and more of a disscussion I thought I'd throw it in here. We have and old HP netserver LH 3, that I'd like to use to add addition file storage, or use as file backup system. It has 2-36gig scsi HDs(hotswap), and I have 2-36 gig scsi HD's (spare) not installed yet. It also has Win NT 4.0 server, the company had the system before I started with them so the password is lost. Some information is on the HD's which isn't important (backed up already) For server OS options of course Linix, but I also have Novell netware, & Windows NT 4 server. I have played with linux, samba, and been using MS OS since DOS 3.3. For server OS's I've had experence with Windows NT 4.0, and SBS. as well as some experence with Novell netware. I would like to use Linux on this system (of course my least amout of experence) and would just like to get some feed back on how/what everyone/anyone thinks would be fun or usefull to do with this system. Thanks A Davis

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 EnigmaChick

EnigmaChick

Computer Geek

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 922 posts

Posted 02 February 2008 - 07:06 PM

This isn't the appropriate forum, you should post it in the Linux one.
I'm waiting for a average computer that can't be infected with malware unless it's intentionally ........ 5 years later: I am still waiting

If you want to help this site running and offering free help, please consider giving a donation

#3 tonka001

tonka001

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 08:00 AM

This isn't the appropriate forum, you should post it in the Linux one.

Hiya Enigma,

You did read the 1st line of the post right?

It's more of a discussion rather than a Linux specific question.

I really could have also put into networking too, but like I said I was more looking for input or how/what others would do or which OS they might use.

Edited by adavis, 04 February 2008 - 08:01 AM.

#4 Blair

Blair

SuperMember

• Root Admin
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 03:12 PM

Sounds like a great backup server to me. Many good Linux distros available, or Windows Home Server for a more hands-off approach.
Posted Image