This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Discussion

New Project

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Hi all, I know I could put this in hardware or maybe even other (linux) forums but since it's not really a problem and more of a disscussion I thought I'd throw it in here. We have and old HP netserver LH 3, that I'd like to use to add addition file storage, or use as file backup system. It has 2-36gig scsi HDs(hotswap), and I have 2-36 gig scsi HD's (spare) not installed yet. It also has Win NT 4.0 server, the company had the system before I started with them so the password is lost. Some information is on the HD's which isn't important (backed up already) For server OS options of course Linix, but I also have Novell netware, & Windows NT 4 server. I have played with linux, samba, and been using MS OS since DOS 3.3. For server OS's I've had experence with Windows NT 4.0, and SBS. as well as some experence with Novell netware. I would like to use Linux on this system (of course my least amout of experence) and would just like to get some feed back on how/what everyone/anyone thinks would be fun or usefull to do with this system. Thanks A Davis

This isn't the appropriate forum, you should post it in the Linux one.



Hiya Enigma,

You did read the 1st line of the post right?

It's more of a discussion rather than a Linux specific question.

I really could have also put into networking too, but like I said I was more looking for input or how/what others would do or which OS they might use.