This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
What the Tech Community

Thought I would say hello

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Hello everyone Some of you may know me as I have been hanging around forums such as this for some time. I started at VitualDr.com some years ago, moved on to BleepingComputer.com (former Moderator) and GeeksToGo.com (Irc Chat Staff, former Trusted Tech) and am a member at such sites as 247fixes.com (Tech Helper), newbie.org (Tech Team) and atribune.org. While I used to be a harried poster I've found that I now prefer the immediacy of the live chats having discovered IRC during my tenure at BC. Thats were you will find me now, in the chat here at WTT, G2G, BC, Newbie and various other private channels. Most of what I do in the WTT Chat is assist people with their problems and questions about posting HJT logs but do help with the occasional techie type question. If anyone would like some help getting an IRC client set up please let me know. Nice to see so many familiar faces here. :D
:welcome:
Glad to see a veteran malware fighter like you has joined the site.

There is no need for people to use a 3rd party IRC program to use Live Chat here, there's a Java method that allows you to use it via the site without any IRC programs needed. More information regarding this can be found here.

Myself I rarely use Live Chat here so you probably wont see me there much if at all but there's usually at least a few members in there at any given time.

With all your experience in the field of malware fighting you might want to consider applying to become part of the Malware Team but then again if you're just mainly here for Live Chat there may be little point.
Thanks for the welcome EnigmaChick

No, not a malware fighter, although it interests me, I'm more on the techie side. When I say I assist people with their problems and questions about posting HJT logs thats all I do. Many times people are confused about even c&p or how to start a new topic. I don't give advice about specific malware problems as I'm well aware of the rules but if someone can't open HJT or download it because of their particular infection I have learned a few tricks that work most of the time. I also direct them to the self help threads when I can.

I have been lurking in the chat channel for a few months now and yes I know about the java chat but it is a poor replacement for an irc client and if you are in multiple channels it sometimes won't allow that depending how it was set up. That java applet will shortly be replaced with a flash chat app that was developed by one of the people who operate the wyldryde network and is much more user friendly and a lot nicer to look at.