This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

[Closed] XP Boot issue

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi guys! MAXX14, blush: this maybe very simple and I've been on this problem too long today, (and yesterday), when my Gateway PC boots up, XP Home edition, the only thing that shows up is the wall paper background, No icons, No task bar. I know everything is still here, because I'm online, I used task manager to get here. Any Ideals?
1. Click Start, and then click Control Panel. 2. Double-click Display, click the Desktop tab, and then click Customize Desktop. 3. Select Restore Defaults 1. Click Start, and then click Control Panel. 2. Double-click Display, click the Desktop tab, and then click Customize Desktop. then click the web tab, then under the web pages to display on your desktop if it has "security" you uncheck this and delete

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI