Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

The egodktf

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 xeolhx

xeolhx

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 12:26 PM

Hello, I have the egodktf toolbar on my IE and I have not put it there intentionally, I have done reasearch on it and it seems to belong to the SMitfraud or fake alert family. I have done the smitfraud removal program that is around the web and while it has stopped the popups and what not it did not remove the tool bar. I was woundering if anyone knew how to remove the tool bar?

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Ax238

Ax238

Advanced Member

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 05:10 PM

Hello xeolhx,

Let's make sure you are free of infection. In the process, the toolbar will probably be removed. Please read this thread and post a HijackThis log here. Once your log has been declared clean, you may return here where we can resolve any other issues you are still experiencing.

Regards,

Ax

Edited by Ax238, 19 January 2008 - 05:11 PM.

#3 Declan

Declan

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 11:57 AM

Hello,

I have the egodktf toolbar on my IE and I have not put it there intentionally, I have done reasearch on it and it seems to belong to the SMitfraud or fake alert family. I have done the smitfraud removal program that is around the web and while it has stopped the popups and what not it did not remove the tool bar. I was woundering if anyone knew how to remove the tool bar?

good day,

Where you able to stop the pop ups with a free application, or was it a case of purchasing one of the many applications available to you?

Thank you in advance,

#4 xeolhx

xeolhx

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 10:01 PM

Hello,

I have the egodktf toolbar on my IE and I have not put it there intentionally, I have done reasearch on it and it seems to belong to the SMitfraud or fake alert family. I have done the smitfraud removal program that is around the web and while it has stopped the popups and what not it did not remove the tool bar. I was woundering if anyone knew how to remove the tool bar?

good day,

Where you able to stop the pop ups with a free application, or was it a case of purchasing one of the many applications available to you?

Thank you in advance,

I was able to remove the pop ups with this and yeah it was free
http://siri.urz.free...fraudFix_En.php

but I do have a paid norton anti virus and it does not detect the virus at all. I also have a hijack this log file if you would like me to post it.

#5 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 03:08 AM

Hi xeolhx,
Please don't not post an HJT log in this sub-forum as we don't analyse them here.

Please follow Ax's directions and post your log in the malware removal forum (AX provided you a link to access this in his response) if you require malware removal advice
Regards
paws

EDIT I see that you have posted an HJT in the correct forum so it will be necessary to wait for an expert malware fighter to respond to your log. Sometimes the folks requesting help with their logs exceeds the number of experts available, but rest assured they will get to your log, analsye it and post a response to you as soon as possible.

It would not be sensible for us to recommend you make any system changes until your malware fighter has responded, but once he/she has said that your log looks clean, please post back here in this forum if you are still having issues with your machine and we will do our best to help
p

Edited by paws, 22 January 2008 - 03:15 AM.

The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate