This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
What the Tech Community

Hi, wish I'd found you sooner!

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Seems like there is alot of this going around… :( Hi, I'm Tj. I serve as an administraitor on a V-bulletin board. I don't "surf" the web alot, but I use my computer all day. I update my virus defs daily, and my AVG is set to run automatically daily. I also use adaware and spybot search and destroy. They didn't help me this time though. My girls were surfing for wedding info yesterday on my laptop and now I'm blessed with this Internet Speed Monitor crud. Yay? :angry: I don't have time for this lol, but I do need to take care of it. Priorities right? I'm looking fwd to learning what I should already know, many thanks in advance for the knowledge shared here!
Hi Tj, and welcome to the WTT forums,
Sorry to hear about the infection on your machine,
If you go here;
http://forums.whatthetech.com/Welcome_New_…ers_t34502.html
You'll find all the information your need to download the HJT installer and post a log so that an expert can review it, analyse the problems in detail and then design a specific fix for you.

Its important that you post the HJT in the right place (not here please in this subforum) as we don't analyse them here.
However if there's any thing you want to ask please come back here and we will do our best to help.
Otherwise its just a case of waiting for an expert on the other forum to respond to you. Those experts, as you can guess are in really high demand and sometimes the number of folks asking for help exceeds the number of trained malware fighters available, but rest assured they will get to your post as soon as they possibly can
Regards
paws