Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

DRM component

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 lukeb19

lukeb19

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 08:48 PM

Hey I justsign up for MUTV onine (Manchester United TV) and everytime I try to play a video this comes up.....you tube and all other streaming sites etc. play the content and I don't know why this site is not working. Please help LICENCE DELIVERY Delivering your license... Cannot play protected content. Please try playing our demo file. (tried the demo file and the same thing came up) If you are getting an error message mentioning DRM, license or protected content, your DRM component might be corrupted. For instructions on how to resolve this issue please refer to our Frequently asked questions page, section Licence delivery error: A problem has occurred in the DRM component. (went to the FAQ page and I still can't fix it) Thanks, Luke

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 12:39 PM

Hi lukeb19,

Problems with DRM are many and varied. Some folks would say "annoying".
DRM difficulties often stop the display of media without providing much/any information about why the media display failed.
There are quite a few "fixes" available, and will probably be more as media presentation on the web continues increasing.
Ironically, here in the US, more and more regulation is complicating the matter further.
ISP's are presently considering installation of "content filters" on their servers to prevent folks from downloading and exchanging/sharing materials that may or may not be copyright protected. Yikes!
Just imagine all the bottlenecks that could crop up if ISPs try to take on such a "policing" role.

You may find the following Microsoft KB article useful in trouble-shooting your current difficulty.
http://www.microsoft...dvice/0048.mspx

And this article by one of my favorite resources, Marc Lyron MS MVP in Digital Media, provides additional information and maybe more assistance.
http://www.updatexp....11cd-error.html

In the event that neither article provides a solution for you, you can Google Search "DRM Errors" for additional assistance.
Note of Caution: Please be cautious about downloading third-party Codecs and similar "translation" or "ripping" utilities.
Most may be legitimate, but some include bundled adware/malware that may infect your machine.

Since your online Media Experience is "mostly" successful, except for the one site that you mention (MUTV) you may benefit from speaking with them directly for possible solutions.

Best Regards
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.