This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Counterfeiting -HIjack this-problems

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

HI everybody, It all began when I was trying to empty some space in my hard disk. I was removing some programs in the control panel. I noticed that I could not delete some applications. I had to do a system restore a couple of times but after a while the system would not allow me to go to any point beyond the previous day. The deleted space was not being reflected in the C:/drive. Each time I restarted the system, I would get a new error for a software application. Ultimately I used Hijackthis s/w (I know I shud've consulted someone) and deleted all theentries it showed me. This however stopped the error messages but created a new message "" You are using counterfeit windows software" Now I keep getting weird pop-ups. I have SPYBOT, SPYWARE BLASTER and SPYWARE GUARD apart from AVG ANtivirus. I really require some assistance from all of you in setting right my laptop. The deleted space is not being reflected in the C:/ drive. Please help!!!!!!!
Hi Falconme,

I wonder if you had of read this link before proceeding how you could have saved yourself so much stress.

If at all possible you could go to this link and post there.

Note the following quote from the first link written by LDTate

Doing so could make your pc inoperatible and could require a full reinstall of your OS, losing all your programs and data.

Others will drop by with their thoughts but I think you may need to reinstall your OS.
kind regards,
HI Tallin, Thanks for your reply. I am unable to create the log file. I have SAS on my system (as you know the license expires every year). Unless I change the system date to last year, I cannot open SAS. Can I run and save the log file to a date in December? Please let me know. Thanks
Hi Falconme,

If you can post a log file in any manner I would do so as it will show in the Malware Forum as the day it was received and will be analysed in turn for you. It will be a wait I am afraid as the HJT Forum is extremely busy.

I hope you have success and good luck.

kind regards,
Thanks Tallin.

The log file:

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 2:47:36 PM, on 11/5/2007
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MsMpEng.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\ZcfgSvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXPPS.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgamsvr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgupsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software\bin\btwdins.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\WgaTray.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Google\Google Updater\GoogleUpdater.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE
C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\YPager.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\MOZILL~1\FIREFOX.EXE
C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PowerDVD.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxext.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxsrvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\SNDVOL32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\notepad.exe
C:\Program Files\SAS\SAS 9.1\sas.exe
C:\Program Files\Hijackthis\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.yahoomail.com/
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: BitComet ClickCapture - {39F7E362-828A-4B5A-BCAF-5B79BFDFEA60} - C:\Program Files\BitComet\tools\BitCometBHO_1.1.5.19.dll
O2 - BHO: SpywareGuard Download Protection - {4A368E80-174F-4872-96B5-0B27DDD11DB2} - C:\Program Files\SpywareGuard\dlprotect.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {4D25F921-B9FE-4682-BF72-8AB8210D6D75} - C:\Program Files\MyWaySA\SrchAsDe\deSrcAs.dll (file missing)
O2 - BHO: Yahoo! IE Services Button - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yiesrvc.dll (file missing)
O2 - BHO: DriveLetterAccess - {5CA3D70E-1895-11CF-8E15-001234567890} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswshx.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - {AF69DE43-7D58-4638-B6FA-CE66B5AD205D} - C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\2.1.1119.1736\swg.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {CE648D1C-7E55-485D-99A8-7FEFAF78F8C0} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\urspq.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {FA16FE06-B462-470E-9653-79C54B1871FF} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\mljhfgf.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [swg] C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Google Updater.lnk = C:\Program Files\Google\Google Updater\GoogleUpdater.exe
O20 - Winlogon Notify: igfxcui - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\igfxdev.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: IntelWireless - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\LgNotify.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: mljhfgf - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\mljhfgf.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: WgaLogon - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WgaLogon.dll
O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgamsvr.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgupsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Bluetooth Service (btwdins) - Broadcom Corporation. - C:\Program Files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software\bin\btwdins.exe
O23 - Service: Google Updater Service (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: LexBce Server (LexBceS) - Lexmark International, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
O23 - Service: Spectrum24 Event Monitor (S24EventMonitor) - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\S24EvMon.exe

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI