This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Discussion

How Do I Change My Personal photo?

3 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Hello everyone I'm new to this forum and I have a few questions. My first question is how do I change my personal photo in My Controls? I don't see a "upload" box to upload your or to link your personal photo? And my second question is that in the "Guidelines" section on the top of the forum, I tried clicking in the link to read the "New Members post", but the page cannot be found., is their a updated post that I may read? Thanks.
Hi Black Thunder, and Welcome to WTT Forums.

This might help with regard to Personal Photo:
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q269/do…rsonalPhoto.jpg

In the Menu on the Left side of your My Controls, click on: Change Personal Photo
Doing that should take you to the screen depicted in the attached image above.
From there you should be able to browse your computer for the preferred photo and then select Update Photo
___________

As to your second question, I am confused.

Are you referring to "Terms of Use"?
Or maybe "View New Posts"?

I apologize for not knowing what you are referring to, but will track down the answer if you provide a bit more information.

Note: There may be an automatic block on some Board functions due to your own "new" status.
For instance, PM (Personal Messaging) does not become available to new Members until after their 10 post.

Best Regards,
Doug
Unlike your picture. Mine doesn't have an upload box.
[external image: Posted Image]

And I was referring to the link on the top of this page.
[external image: Posted Image]

Sorry for being vague. :blush:
It is I who should apologize. Since I've been around for a few years, I've forgotten or not ever seen the Board as a New Member sees it during their initial few Posts. I'm suspecting that "Guidelines" and the absence of the "upload" item are functions of your fresh registration and will be changed automatically after you have made 10 posts. (my board appears quite different, but I should get myself familiar with how new members see it as well) I will ask an Admin to look in on this Thread, in hopes of clarification. Best Regards
Though it may serve to some limited extent to deter "spammie" type Avatars and Personal Photos, it is my opinion that such benefit would be negligible and can be handled in the usual manner by Mods/Admins. As to PM availibility prior to a specific post count (I think it is 10 right now?) that consideration might generate differing opinions. Some might say that it would be best to encourage new Members to post only via the open forums, by restricting their use of PM communication initially. Others (myself included) have had instances where it could have been valuable to be able to contact a new Member via PM to give them guidance about posting or other information. My $0.02 Doug

Any reason for that? I think it should be changed.

On more then one occasion we have had porn pics as avatars by a new member.
That changes when they become Authentic Members.

PM's by new members? I get enough of those after they move up to Authentic Members.
Perfect example:
Lastnight ( Jan.05, 08 ) a spammer started sending spam PM's to all members of NUTn Works.
The removal of new members ability to pm has been removed.


Spammer taken care of at NUTn Works

Has used the PM here to spam users please just delete them, without going to the link.

Registration IP is 128.241.111.22 posting IP is 207.67.151.112

If you would like to email the jerk email address is [removed]

We just had this Jeanette2 start a round of spamming via PM at TSF. Same IP blocks. I'm trying to now get a block in place on new members use of PM system. Wish I'd seen this sooner. Came across it while googling "Jeanette2 spam"

We just had this Jeanette2 start a round of spamming via PM at TSF. Same IP blocks.

I'm trying to now get a block in place on new members use of PM system.

Wish I'd seen this sooner. Came across it while googling "Jeanette2 spam"


Maybe same Jeanette who had a go at Nutnworks as LDTate mentioned earlier in January. LE banned her pretty quickly there.

Hope you get a hold on it as LE did.

kind regards,