This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Discussion

Uploading Avatars

5 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Okay, I've done the search, and can only find one link to uploading/deleting avatars, but no one ever replied. So, can anyone tell me how to upload my avatar from my PC? I can't remember how I did it at SWI, and that was the only forum I've ever been part of. Please help.
projectX

I couldn't find away to upload from my computer either. The only thing I could do was to upload to a web site I have and "call" the pic from that location. (I don't think this is considered a cool thing to do). Hopefully someone from this board will post a way to upload from our computers. I may be eliminating my link to graphic as I don't know if this a "good" thing that I'm doing.

Nice to see you BTW. :D
Good to hear from you too, P.T. How's the site going? BTW, are you using the same avatar here as you were on SWI? If so, I'm not seeing it here. Just an empty white box with the "flash" icon in the upper-left corner. I don't know if it's my settings, or what. Nice talking to you.
Thanks for the link and the info, Tom. How many posts are necessary before my status allows me to edit my profile/upload my avatar?
projectX

Good to hear from you too, P.T. How's the site going?



Well, I don't really know what to say about the site. I have the "new" update uploaded. I may have to redo the navigation bar as I have a link to SWI there. Soo…what can I say, sort of a bummer all the way around. But, hey it's all in day in a life on the web. My motto "Keep Smiling"

P.S. Take a look and let me know what you think of the update. :)
Hi P.T. :wavey:

Your site's new look is fabulous. :)

Great to see you here. Like you, I've been unable to upload my new avatar or even link it from my site, so I decided to go without one until the good ole' member status improves. :P

Cheers,
BS
Project X u will need to have the image (static or animated) hosted on a website (server) first. Most ISPs will have a small amount of space allocated for thier members. I have cox HSI and set my webpage up with them. U then paste its address in the avatar control panel of your 'MyControls' Hope this helps

Project X

u will need to have the image (static or animated) hosted on a website (server) first.  Most ISPs will have a small amount of space allocated for thier members.  I have cox HSI and set my webpage up with them.

U then paste its address in the avatar control panel of your 'MyControls'

Hope this helps

Hello Quack
I also have Cox as an ISP – but, here in Tall Grass Prairie country – the webpage thing is not doing as well as it may be where you are located.

I will just have to wait until I have passed the posting/member test I guess :lol:

It is funny to look at an avatar and not know that it is the one you are using – when you are used to another one.

I will have several things to get used to all over again – but, that is Okay by me!

Just glad that we still have a place to go for 'help' now and again!