Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Uploading Avatars

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 projectX

projectX

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 02 November 2003 - 09:29 AM

Okay, I've done the search, and can only find one link to uploading/deleting avatars, but no one ever replied. So, can anyone tell me how to upload my avatar from my PC? I can't remember how I did it at SWI, and that was the only forum I've ever been part of. Please help.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Coyote

Coyote

Emeritus-Expert

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 02 November 2003 - 09:33 AM

http://tomcoyote.org...iew=getlastpost
Go forth and conquer your goals with the renewed spirit of Coyote and do not let small setbacks stop you from Your Dreams

Microsoft MVP 2006-2007

May your day be blessed by those you love and those you love be blessed by HIM ;-)

#3 P.T.

P.T.

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Interests:computer stuff, web design, learning something new.

Posted 02 November 2003 - 09:36 AM

projectX

I couldn't find away to upload from my computer either. The only thing I could do was to upload to a web site I have and "call" the pic from that location. (I don't think this is considered a cool thing to do). Hopefully someone from this board will post a way to upload from our computers. I may be eliminating my link to graphic as I don't know if this a "good" thing that I'm doing.

Nice to see you BTW. :D
Posted Image

What lies behind us and lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Computer Rx

#4 projectX

projectX

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 02 November 2003 - 09:41 AM

Good to hear from you too, P.T. How's the site going? BTW, are you using the same avatar here as you were on SWI? If so, I'm not seeing it here. Just an empty white box with the "flash" icon in the upper-left corner. I don't know if it's my settings, or what. Nice talking to you.

#5 P.T.

P.T.

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 02 November 2003 - 09:42 AM

As you can tell I got rid of mine. (I'm chicken. Can't go living on the edge now). :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Posted Image

What lies behind us and lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Computer Rx

#6 projectX

projectX

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 02 November 2003 - 09:45 AM

Thanks for the link and the info, Tom. How many posts are necessary before my status allows me to edit my profile/upload my avatar?

#7 Quack

Quack

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 November 2003 - 09:47 AM

All us newbies can 'link'' to an avatar!

#8 projectX

projectX

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 02 November 2003 - 09:48 AM

P.T., check out the link Tom provided, if you haven't already. It will explain our troubles. Later

#9 P.T.

P.T.

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 02 November 2003 - 09:50 AM

projectX

Good to hear from you too, P.T. How's the site going?

Well, I don't really know what to say about the site. I have the "new" update uploaded. I may have to redo the navigation bar as I have a link to SWI there. Soo...what can I say, sort of a bummer all the way around. But, hey it's all in day in a life on the web. My motto "Keep Smiling"

P.S. Take a look and let me know what you think of the update. :)
Posted Image

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Computer Rx

#10 projectX

projectX

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 02 November 2003 - 09:51 AM

Will do, P.T.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#11 projectX

projectX

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 02 November 2003 - 09:53 AM

Alright, Quack, spill the beans! Share your wisdom, and enlighten a newbie! :scratch:

#12 projectX

projectX

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 02 November 2003 - 10:18 AM

P.T., the site looks great. I like the new color better. Also, the tabbed links is a great idea. Keep up the good work.

#13 black_swan

black_swan

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 November 2003 - 11:36 AM

Hi P.T. :wavey:

Your site's new look is fabulous. :)

Great to see you here. Like you, I've been unable to upload my new avatar or even link it from my site, so I decided to go without one until the good ole' member status improves. :P

Cheers,
BS

Edited by black_swan, 02 November 2003 - 12:13 PM.

#14 Quack

Quack

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 November 2003 - 01:00 PM

Project X u will need to have the image (static or animated) hosted on a website (server) first. Most ISPs will have a small amount of space allocated for thier members. I have cox HSI and set my webpage up with them. U then paste its address in the avatar control panel of your 'MyControls' Hope this helps

#15 Guest_RockHound_*

Guest_RockHound_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 November 2003 - 02:01 PM

Project X

u will need to have the image (static or animated) hosted on a website (server) first.  Most ISPs will have a small amount of space allocated for thier members.  I have cox HSI and set my webpage up with them.

U then paste its address in the avatar control panel of your 'MyControls'

Hope this helps

Hello Quack
I also have Cox as an ISP -- but, here in Tall Grass Prairie country -- the webpage thing is not doing as well as it may be where you are located.

I will just have to wait until I have passed the posting/member test I guess :lol:

It is funny to look at an avatar and not know that it is the one you are using -- when you are used to another one.

I will have several things to get used to all over again -- but, that is Okay by me!

Just glad that we still have a place to go for 'help' now and again!