This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

ntkrnlmp.exe not found "Error code 4270"

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hey, every time I startup my computer it always runs into the problem of not loading the ntkrnlmp.exe and then it gives me the error code number: 4270. - This computer is a desktop and is currently running Windows XP (not sure what edition or anything else) - I have a real genuine copy of XP, however, I'm having trouble finding the installation disc and I think it's been lost to the ages as this computer is about 3-4 years old - It does have a floppy drive but I never use it - I have no idea about the backup information about it since I do not use this computer anymore - The BIOS is all in default. I tried tinkering with it earlier but nothing seemed to work so I set it back to default. - And the machine is not under warranty anymore As a side note, I downloaded a reinstallation of Windows XP file for the USB stick but when I set the BIOS to boot from the USB stick it still does not work. This installation file is supposed to include everything needed for Windows XP and it has a copy of ntkrnlmp.exe. The whole file itself is about 141 MB; I'm not sure if that sounds right to be the whole Windows XP installation but I could be wrong. So could somebody please help me fix this problem? Sorry if I have terrible grammar : \
Alright, thanks a bunch. This is good information but it might take me a few days to get my hands on a floppy disk so I'll keep you posted when I do. And as for that USB thing I downloaded, is it pretty much useless?

Alright, thanks a bunch. This is good information but it might take me a few days to get my hands on a floppy disk so I'll keep you posted when I do. And as for that USB thing I downloaded, is it pretty much useless?

good luck ,you'll need 6 disk though i think

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI