Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

File:/i386/ntkrnlmp.exe Could Not Be Loaded.

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Lisa123456

Lisa123456

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 02:57 PM

Hi, I tried to put my computer on yesterday and it would not load. This is the message that would appear: “File:/i386/ntkrnlmp.exe could not be loaded. The error code is. 32768.” I have the original copy of Windows XP I mean it came with computer. I don't understand how I can fix this problem. Can someone please help me?

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 04:34 PM

Hi, Sorry to hear of the problems with your machine. This is not going to be easy to repair. Sometimes the only way to deal effectively with this is to reinstall your operating system. However it would be premature to do this at this stage as there are a number of things that may solve the problem. However you should be aware that a reinstall may become necessary in the future. First some more information is required please. 1 is your machine a laptop or desktop? 2 Is your operating system legitimately licenced or is it a pirated copy? Do you have a genuine Product key? 3 Does your machine have a floppy drive? 4 Please advise the make and model number of your computer and the operating system and service pack installed. 5 Is your Windows Installation disc an original Microsoft disc or a copy? or a Manufacturer's disc? 6 Is your back up/archive/copy of all your important stuff, files, data, music. emails, drivers, etc. 100% up to date, correct & reproducible? 7 Have you, or any one else altered the BIOS or replaced or touched the memory (RAM) in any way? 8 Is your machine still under guarantee, waranty or service agreement? I am sorry that I had to ask you the questions under 2 above, but I do need to know this now before we attempt a fix. Please post back here with your responses to all elements of the items numbered 1 to 8 above and we will do our best to assist you Regards paws
The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate

#3 Lisa123456

Lisa123456

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 10:24 PM

1 is your machine a laptop or desktop? My machine is a desktop. 2 Is your operating system legitimately licenced or is it a pirated copy? Do you have a genuine Product key? My operating system came with the computer when I bought from the store. It is definitely legitimately licensed. If normal a computer comes with a genuine product key then I should have. I am not really sure where it is but if need be I will find it. 3 Does your machine have a floppy drive? Yes, but I have never used it thus I am not too sure if it works. 4 Please advise the make and model number of your computer and the operating system and service pack installed. Sony pcv-rs 420. The operating system is windows XP and I installed the first and second service pack. 5 Is your Windows Installation disc an original Microsoft disc or a copy? or a Manufacturer's disc? I don't have a windows disk; I only have the restore disk 6 Is your back up/archive/copy of all your important stuff, files, data, music. emails, drivers, etc. 100% up to date, correct & reproducible? Yes 7 Have you, or any one else altered the BIOS or replaced or touched the memory (RAM) in any way? No 8 Is your machine still under guarantee, waranty or service agreement? No

#4 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 03:05 AM

Hi ,
Thanks for the information, The next step involves checking the BIOS and also opening your machine and physically removing the RAM modules and if more than one just leaving one of them in situ.
Are you confident about opening your machine and removing, and cleaning the electrical contacts, and then reseating them whilst at the same time observing all the necessary personal safety/household and antistatic precautions?
I ask this because it is good to save money and to learn, but not at the expense of personal safety or damaging your machine or its data?

If you understand and are confident on performing correctly and accurately the necessary personal safety/household and antistatic procedures then please remove both RAM modules noting which slot is used for which module (a digital camera comes in handy here to make a record), clean the electrical contacts on the modules (a soft eraser (pencil) is useful for this ) but be very gentle and hold the RAM only by its edges. Then just replace the first module, (if there is more than one) the one nearer to the CPU. Taking all necessary precautions attempt to restart your machine with just the one memory module installed, and see how you go.
Post back and let us know what happens. (also please let us know if your Windows XP is Home or Prof. edition)

NOTE if you get the same error message repeat the exercise with the other memory module (you are trying to establish here if a memory module is badly seated, dirty or is not functioning correctly)

IMPORTANT NOTE If you are not absolutely sure of the correct procedures to adopt with regard to personal and household safety, and anti static precautions ,it would be best to use the services of a local competent computer technician to fix your machine. It is easy to damage your data, your machine, or yourself/household if you make even a small mistake!. :angry:

We will address the BIOS issue after we have dealt with the RAM
Good luck
Regards
paws
The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate

#5 drkt123

drkt123

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 09:37 PM

I am getting the same error message when I try to load Windows XP onto a new partition on my computer. I am using MacBook VMware Fusion. I have another copy of WIndows XP installed that was bootlegged (I got it from a friend, and it has never passed WIndows inspection -- don't know the source). It has become very difficult to use and impossible to uninstall. I thought if I opened a new file in Fusion and started "clean" I would be able to load an official version of Windows XP. But I got this message instead. Any suggestions?

#6 LDTate

LDTate

Grand Poobah

• Root Admin
  • 57,211 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 06:18 AM

I am getting the same error message when I try to load Windows XP onto a new partition on my computer.
I am using MacBook VMware Fusion. I have another copy of WIndows XP installed that was bootlegged (I got it from a friend, and it has never passed WIndows inspection -- don't know the source). It has become very difficult to use and impossible to uninstall. I thought if I opened a new file in Fusion and started "clean" I would be able to load an official version of Windows XP. But I got this message instead.
Any suggestions?

I have another copy of WIndows XP installed that was bootlegged
I would suggest you read THIS:
WTT will not help anyone with any illegal software.

The forum is run by volunteers who donate their time and expertise.

Want to help others? Join the ClassRoom and learn how.

Logs will be closed if you haven't replied within 3 days

If you would like to paypal.gif for the help you received.

Proud graduate of TC/WTT Classroom

#7 drkt123

drkt123

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 11:07 PM

Fair enough. I just thought I would be honest. And I am here to tell you that it was definitely NOT worth using bootlegged software. Will never do this again!

#8 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 02:25 AM

Thats good to hear. It saves a whole load of problems cropping up, and keeps the right side of the law as well! Regards paws

#9 JackieGee21

JackieGee21

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 02:46 PM

Hi, I'm having the same problem as Lisa on here. I have a desktop and i tried the ram technique and reset my BIOS to default, i still am getting this message. Is it possible all my RAM is bad?