This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

[Closed] Ads served by Intelligent Advisor

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

First: I am computer iliterate. Well not that bad but let's assume I am so you can talk to me like I'm 5 and I'm ok with that. :huh: I need help removing this bug thingy that is shutting down my browser and in the bottom right says Ads served by Intelligent Advisor. Pop ups are accuring too.
Hello, and welcome to the forum.

My name is Simon V., and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems.

The first step in cleaning the malware off your PC is creating a HijackThis log:

Download HJTInstall.exe to your desktop.

  • Doubleclick HJTInstall.exe to install HijackThis.
  • By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis .
  • Click on Install.
  • It will create a HijackThis icon on the desktop.
  • Once installed, it will launch Hijackthis.
  • Click on the Do a system scan and save a logfile button. It will scan and the log should open in Notepad. Post the contents of the log in your next reply.

Don't use the AnalyseThis button, its findings are dangerous if misinterpreted.
Don't have Hijackthis fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI