This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

[Closed] 'crush calculator and 'ads served by intelligent

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

For the second time I am having a problem with a popup that calls itself "intelligent advisor" and almost always pops up when I access the internet. It also tends to hang in there and sometimes destroys games in progress or emails in mid-draft. I am running Xp Media Home Edition with Windows OneCare… The last time I ran in to this particularly nasty little bit of corporate popup gumbo I had AdAware7.0, AVG, and SuperSpyware on it and only SuperSpyware detected it and quarantined it where I promptly (or so I thought) deleted it. Then I eliminated all those programs to install OneCare, which has been flawless until now. Any ideas about where to find this little bugger? OneCare aint detecting it. Is it a cookie or something more sinister? please let me know and merry christmas to all. jm twain harte, california.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI