This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Blue Screen of Death - No Hardware Changes

4 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Recently for Christmas I received both Crysis and a new Samsung SyncMaster 220WM 22inch Widescreen Monitor, both of these additions to my computer, I believe, have no affect on creating Blue Screens of Death. My computer has had one BSOD before, to end that I reseated both my RAM sticks and the problem was alleviated, I'm going to attempt that now, however I have a hard time believing it was memory this time around. After reseating the memory I did run MemTest and Ubuntu's Memory test which both came clean. My computers specs are as follows: -MSN K9N-Platinum SLI -nVidia Geforce 8600GTS -AMD 6000+ X2 64bit -2GB - 2X Corsair 1GB XMS2 -IDE CD/DVD Multi -IDE 7200RPM Barracuda 100GB -SATA 7200RPS Barracuda 250GB I'm running Vista 64bit Business. Windows begins with this message: Additional information about the problem: BCCode: a BCP1: 0000000000000078 BCP2: 000000000000000C BCP3: 0000000000000001 BCP4: FFFFF8000205BECF OS Version: 6_0_6000 Service Pack: 0_0 Product: 256_1 During the BSOD: STOP: 0 x 0000000A (0 x 0000000000000078, 0 x 000000000000000C, 0 x 0000000000000001, 0 x FFFFF8000205BECF) Any assistance or anyone with more knowledge of how I can stop this or troubleshoot this please reply. Thanks in advance.
Just recieved a second BSOD with this: Problem signature: Problem Event Name: BlueScreen OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.6 Locale ID: 1033 Additional information about the problem: BCCode: 50 BCP1: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFC0 BCP2: 0000000000000001 BCP3: FFFFF98005F2CD64 BCP4: 0000000000000000 OS Version: 6_0_6000 Service Pack: 0_0 Product: 256_1
I've received a third bsod with the same errors as above as well as a RunDll32 Process Failure with this output: Problem signature: Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: rundll32.exe Application Version: 6.0.6000.16386 Application Timestamp: 4549b0e1 Fault Module Name: Cmcnfgu.cpl Fault Module Version: 1.0.47.8 Fault Module Timestamp: 433a1dfd Exception Code: c0000005 Exception Offset: 00003b34 OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.6 Locale ID: 1033 Additional Information 1: 8d13 Additional Information 2: cdca9b1d21d12b77d84f02df48e34311 Additional Information 3: 8d13 Additional Information 4: cdca9b1d21d12b77d84f02df48e34311 EDIT: I believe the RunDll32 Error has been fixed – It seemed to have something to do with my USB SoundCard, and I deleted the registry file associated with it. Other then that, I have still be receiving Multiple Blue Screen Crashes, and believe it might have something to do with another recent gift I forgot to mention, which I took back for not being compatible with my other USB devices – this was a Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver – which allows you to connect Xbox 360 peripherals to your computer wirelessly. Since USB is notorious for having IRQ conflicts and BSOD I thought this would be much help to anyone out there. Thanks.' Currently I am using only two USB hubs which are my USB Soundcard and my USB Mouse. EDIT2: I am currently running RegClean.
Been running the computer for 6 hours, no BSOD, restarted, RunDll32 error is gone.

For anyone else who has these issues, I deleted all of my USB hubs and all of my USB HID (Human Interface Devices) in device manager, reboot and allowed Windows to find only the ones connected to my computer, and only install those.

I then ran RegClean - a Register Cleaning utility, and all seems well

Will report back if a new BSOD appears.

EDIT: Sadly I just received a blue screen… same as the first post.

EDIT2: Just received another blue screen, once again the same errors as first post. Also I'm lead to believe it could be associated with Malware or another infection and have posted an HJT log here to see if the Malware Team can assist me in investigating this.

Any ideas will help. Thanks
I had the same exact problem and determined it was one of my sticks of RAM. I have to use identical RAM for slots 1+3, and 2+4. I had one mismatched and everything but Crysis liked it. I guess if someone had a bad stick they would have the same issue.

Been running the computer for 6 hours, no BSOD, restarted, RunDll32 error is gone.

For anyone else who has these issues, I deleted all of my USB hubs and all of my USB HID (Human Interface Devices) in device manager, reboot and allowed Windows to find only the ones connected to my computer, and only install those.

I then ran RegClean - a Register Cleaning utility, and all seems well

Will report back if a new BSOD appears.

EDIT: Sadly I just received a blue screen… same as the first post.

EDIT2: Just received another blue screen, once again the same errors as first post. Also I'm lead to believe it could be associated with Malware or another infection and have posted an HJT log here to see if the Malware Team can assist me in investigating this.

Any ideas will help. Thanks


It's best not to do anything to change the sytem after you post in HJT forums.
It makes things alot harder on the malware fighters. Post back after the tech there give you the all clean if your still having problems.
Hopfully once the malware is gone the problem will be too.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI