brazlebridge
Topic Starter
MOVED THIS POST TO ANTHER TOPIC>>>>>>>>>>>additional info…I just checked the properties on each music file individually and found that one (Kenny Chesney) had a secondary file inside it with the same name on it… but inside it has a ton of .IDX files. What are these? I burned the CD with Nero.
I don't know if this is a virus, but it wouldn't surprise me. When I left click "My Music" it takes too long for it to open. I right clicked it to check the properties and it said
size: 1.82GB (1,970,615,372 bytes)
size on disc: 1.83GB (1,972,350,976 bytes)
Contains: 3,174 flies, 69 folders
So I did a search of all music files including hidden files and folders. It said I had 478 files. Which is correct. I have only had this computer one year and only put my cd's in it.( I have downloaded midi's for use on my websites though?) I use Firefox Browser.
The only other downloads I do are YouTube, (I use DownloadHelper 2.5.3 and ImTOO MPEG Encoder Wizard 3, but I had this problem before I started using those.)
Last Christmas my stepdaughter had an iPod and downloaded whatever came with it onto my computer to copy my CD's and she put LimeWire on here, but I took it off the next day. She lost the iPod right after that, so I don't think that's the problem.
I have Zone Alarm Fire Wall, and leave SUPER anti-spyware running. Once a week I update all and run Ad-Aware SE Personal, SpyBot, and ATF cleaner…I empty my temp internet file every time I get off of the computer. Whats up?
***My question is why does "My Music" properties say that I have 3,174 files when I actually have less that 500 music files including those that came with the computer etc.? And, How can I fix this "My Music" file to have the correct properties and speed? Thanks for any assistance you can offer as I am making slide show movies with music for Christmas gifts and it is really slow going!
I don't know if this is a virus, but it wouldn't surprise me. When I left click "My Music" it takes too long for it to open. I right clicked it to check the properties and it said
size: 1.82GB (1,970,615,372 bytes)
size on disc: 1.83GB (1,972,350,976 bytes)
Contains: 3,174 flies, 69 folders
So I did a search of all music files including hidden files and folders. It said I had 478 files. Which is correct. I have only had this computer one year and only put my cd's in it.( I have downloaded midi's for use on my websites though?) I use Firefox Browser.
The only other downloads I do are YouTube, (I use DownloadHelper 2.5.3 and ImTOO MPEG Encoder Wizard 3, but I had this problem before I started using those.)
Last Christmas my stepdaughter had an iPod and downloaded whatever came with it onto my computer to copy my CD's and she put LimeWire on here, but I took it off the next day. She lost the iPod right after that, so I don't think that's the problem.
I have Zone Alarm Fire Wall, and leave SUPER anti-spyware running. Once a week I update all and run Ad-Aware SE Personal, SpyBot, and ATF cleaner…I empty my temp internet file every time I get off of the computer. Whats up?
***My question is why does "My Music" properties say that I have 3,174 files when I actually have less that 500 music files including those that came with the computer etc.? And, How can I fix this "My Music" file to have the correct properties and speed? Thanks for any assistance you can offer as I am making slide show movies with music for Christmas gifts and it is really slow going!