This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

disappearing files

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have just cleaned my computer of a malware virus (I think), but am still having trouble with my external hard drive. I keep music/phots/films on it. I have noticed that some of these files have disappeared recently. I am also having problems with my itunes - an exclamation mark appears next to all the songs and asks me if I want to locate the songs…. If you have any ideas as to what I should do I would be most grateful, thanks.
If you have had a virus (or even if your not 100% sure) then we need you to post a topic Here and get an official clean bill of health by the folks in the Malware Team before we can really help you out. Once they are finished with you, post back here and if the problem still exists, we can continue to offer you our help.

One thing I will suggest though is checking the letter of your external drive. If you are putting it in a different port the letter of the drive (F:, D:, H:, etc.) can sometimes change, then iTunes won't be able to find the songs because the song path has to be exactly the same as when you added them.

But before going beyond that, you need to get help from the Malware Team.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI