LoveMyDogs
Topic Starter
We are a small, fairly tech-savvy family who about a month ago was hit by malware. My son turned on the computer which had been running pristine clean the night before and went to a site he's been patronizing for years. The site is Gamewinners.com. He was asked if he wanted to download an updated driver and clicked No. Within seconds the computer was running slowly and he turned it off and left me a note. When I rebooted, I was faced with 4 days worth of malware removal (aided in part by information gleaned from your site). My computer was back to her old self. I kept my son off the computer for 2 weeks. After thinking it was a one time occurrence since previously we hadn't had problems at the gamewinners site I let him back on the computer. When he went back to gamewinners again, we got the malware infection again. This one took me about 2 days to get rid of since I knew most of the techniques from the first time. Again, computer working great!
I was at the store Sunday and yup…my son stopped to look at that site and boom, infected again. How can I find out what the heck is going on at that site? Since my system is clean again, I don't want to go back there to try and report problems. How exactly does one go about telling someone they are doing something bad? It seems like they are attempting to sell malware removal software and oh dear does it strong arm you!
Sad to say, we can't go back there but I'd like to let someone know what's going on.
Mom