Bob K
Topic Starter
After I open one or two additional windows by right clicking on a topic the file gets hung up and the only fix is to end the program with [Control, Alt, Delete] due to the program not responding. This is happening repeadedly.
I followed the instructions of CastleCopsWiki for Malware Removal; ie. I download, installed and ran HijackThis log (attached). Next it requested to monitoring programs. I have Ad-Aware SE Personal (instructions were for Ad-Aware Ad-Watch) but the icon was not in the system tray so I could not follow instructions to de-activate it. I could not disable it from the program icon either. I also run AVG Free Anti-Spware and turned-off the protection. Note: I just recently removed Spybot (newest version). The old ran well but the new version was difficult to launch.
I ran CCleaner (no threats), then Ad_Aware with recommened settings (no threats), next downloaded ESET Nod32 Online Scanner and scanned files. I next ran AVG by booting into Safe Mode (no threats).
Thanks in advance for your help!
Bob K