This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Computer with Virus infected my MP3 Player

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

My computer was infected with Worm.Win32.NetSky … with the exceptional assistance of MrC in another forum I was able to remove the virus from my computer. However, before it was removed, my mother-in-law plugged her SanDisk (Sansa) 4GB MP3 player into the computer and now it does not work…. I do not want to reinfect my computer, and I would like to fix her player…. is there a way I can do this? Please help, I don't even know how to use an MP3 Player (my phone plays MP3's, I've never used an MP3 player in my life let alone needed to fix one - yes I know it's sad) Thank you in advance for your help
hi starsong12,

worms/virus can spread between computer drives including multiple hard drives in a computer and usb flash memory. i cant say 100% if they could infect a media players files/OS via a computer but i see no reason why not, (if not, its only a matter of time anyway). I think its a smart idea to assume the player is infected and not reconnect to a computer.
first i would make sure its not some other reason why its not working by checking the manual for FAQ/troubleshooting. next you might want to visit the scandisk website and poke around. you can also probably find a forum just for the SanDisk users. media players can be reformatted, wiping out all your audio/video files if it comes to that.

EDIT: look here:

http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/search?sub…rue&q=virus

good luck

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI